If you have any current medical condition(s) such as asthma or any unknown/undiagnosed conditions that might be affected by mould/fungi we recommend you avoid all contact with mushrooms.
For safety, only measure electrical signals in known species of mushrooms which are non-toxic. Some poisonous mushrooms can kill, so don’t eat any unknown mushroom. For safety, wear disposable gloves and wash hands after contact. To reduce the risk of breathing in spores wear a face mask. Safely dispose of all waste material by double bagging and following your local authority’s recommendations for waste disposal.
Please see following links for additional safety information:
- Asthma UK article on ‘moulds and fungi’ click here
- ‘Respiratory allergy to mushroom spores’ click here
- ‘What Triggers the Allergy to Mushrooms’ click here
- ‘Mushroom Cultivation’ forum click here
- ‘Mushroom worker’s lung resulting from indoor cultivation …’ click here
Click here for example mushroom growing kit
Measurements with mushrooms
Click here for guide to measuring electrical signals with mushrooms