SAFETY WARNINGS
If you have any current medical condition(s) such as asthma or any unknown/undiagnosed conditions that might be affected by mould/fungi we recommend you avoid all contact with mushrooms.
For safety, only measure electrical signals in known species of mushrooms which are non-toxic. Some poisonous mushrooms can kill, so don’t eat any unknown mushroom. For safety, wear disposable gloves and wash hands after contact. To reduce the risk of breathing in spores wear a face mask. Safely dispose of all waste material by double bagging and following your local authority’s recommendations for waste disposal.
Please see following links for additional safety information:
  • Asthma UK article on ‘moulds and fungi’ click here
  • ‘Respiratory allergy to mushroom spores’ click here
  • ‘What Triggers the Allergy to Mushrooms’ click here
  • ‘Mushroom Cultivation’ forum click here 
  • ‘Mushroom worker’s lung resulting from indoor cultivation …’ click here
Growing mushroom
Click here for example mushroom growing kit

Measurements with mushrooms
Click here for guide to measuring electrical signals with mushrooms